Don't worry! We can help you find the dessert you can order, pick up, or purchase that won't disappoint because even if you didn't make it, it is homemade with love... by someone.
Pie - In my family, it's just not the holidays without pie. Pecan, pumpkin, apple, blueberry, peach, wheat (yes, wheat), you name it, it's probably on the table or somewhere near it. And don't forget the homemade whipped cream! If you don't have the time to bake the perfect pie for your next gathering, no worries! Try these local businesses:
- Goold Orchards:
- Grandma's Pies:
- Taking pie orders in person or over the phone 518-459-4585.
- Hours this week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6 AM-10:30 PM, Thursday, December 24 pie pick up 6 AM-3 PM, Closed Friday.
Chocolate - For those who may not like pie, chocolate is usually a pretty good alternative. It also makes an incredible last minute gift for that selective person on your gift list. Luckily, the Capital Region is full of incredible chocolatiers.
- Krause's Candy:
- Chocolate covered nuts, fudge, petit fours, gift boxes, and so much more! Call for more info & to place an order ahead of time 518-869-3950.
- Hours this week: Monday-Wednesday open 10 AM-6 PM, Thursday 10 AM-4 PM, closed Friday & Saturday.
- Uncle Sam's Candy:
- Uncle Sam's offer butter crunch favorites, roasted nuts, and your favorite chocolates, too! Call ahead at 518-608-4949.
- Hours this week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8 AM-8 PM, Thursday 8 AM-6 PM, Closed Friday.
- Cider Belly Doughnuts:
- Be the hero of the holidays by showing up with a box or two of your favorite doughnuts! Call ahead at 518-253-4640.
- Hours this week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:30 AM-3 PM, Thursday 6 AM-Noon, Closed Friday.
- Bella Napoli:
- Schuyler Bakery:
- If small-town bakery is what you desire, then Schuyler Bakery is your go-to place for bread, cookies, bars, cupcakes, and anything else you can think of. Call ahead if you wish 518-273-0142.
- Hours this week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 5:30 AM-5:30 PM, Thursday from 5:30 AM-3 PM.